Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I sure did. My hubby and GirlKid certainly went out of their way this year! Mother's Day turned into Mother's Weekend! After their shopping expedition, my shower of love and appreciation began shortly afterword.

Upon arrival, my GirlKid came to the door bearing the prettiest Gerbera Daisy plant and Fairy Castle cactus WalMart had to offer. She was beaming with pride as she explained how she came to her choices. Dad was in the background with a bit of a beam himself.

Next I was allowed a long warm tub with only one interruption, when I was a hand delivered an invitation to 'formal' dinner, or supper of my choice....dress required, which was hand made by my Husband and GirlKid. After my tub, I rummaged around in my closet to find a suitable dress for my dinner. GirlKid was estatic that I took their invitation seriously, and I'd actually dressed up for the occasion. She too, put on her finest, as well as Hubby.

We ordered three big platters, and shared them all. How enjoyable to share food among family. On our way out of the resturaunt, my husband even splurged on a delicious strawberry pie to take home! Full bellies, pie in hand we made our way to the car.

On our way home, Husband said he needed to stop at our neighbors house to get a tractor paint chip sample for one of his projects. When we pulled in, he stopped next to several giant lilac bushes, and went to the house to borrow a scissors. Ten minutes later, I had a 'huge-mongeous' bouquet of lilacs in my hands. Awww.... It was enough to have flowers in every room of our main floor.

I'll skip the details of the next several hours.... let's just say my husband wasn't quite done with me yet. Earthshaking.

On Mother's Day morning, I woke to the smell of coffee, and came downstairs for a cup. It was then that I received additional love in the form of a giant bag of self feeding potting soil, a bag of chocolate stars, some 'dress up' necklaces that GirlKid just knew I would love. Also included in their shopping purchases was some Black Flag flying insect spray to protect me from the wasps that are interested in our garden shed and my hair.

These acts of kindness were of the sort that let me know how well my family knows me, and yes, they did give me all I need to be filled with joy. It truly is the little things that give us acknowledgement. And plus, they DID have to scour the store for these several things that jumped out and said "PICK ME, she'll Love it!" If there was any shopping sufferage that happened, they never let on. Now I feel really guilty about my previous post....sort of.

No comments: