Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Home...At Last

All possesions gathered
making this house our home,
It's become quite obvious
I'm no longer a rolling stone.

When my day is done
and the evening begins to pass,
Is the time for longing
to be home...at last.

Coming to cherish
the quiet of the night,
With only my lover
and the stars above in sight.

Relishing the fleeting moments
just before sleep,
Bring joys of solitude
as unconciousness creeps.

6-21-90

Years ago I wrote this when I realized that all the partying and running weren't providing me with the peace that I was to crave in the future. I needed roots. I am so glad I grew some!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! I'm so pleased you finally have a site! It will be like having a cup of coffee with you in the morning. All best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath,
I am glad to see you have a site. I am not a blogger but will stop by now and then.

Kath in the Country said...

Thanks Wendy and John! Great to hear from you two! Hope all is well.