Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Allll Aboard! The Flu sTrain!

Yup, you guessed it....we got it...two strains...three family members...two weeks. My goodness, it is hard to retain any sense of humor when you feel like crap, let alone get caught up in the Christmas Spirit.

GirlKid's gifts had been purchased before Thanksgiving, but are still in the bags they came in, hidden from sight. I have had enough time to question each one of them. "What was I thinking? Should I take it back and get something else? We already have too much plastic crap stuffed into every nook and cranny of our house! How many Barbie, Bratz, Winx, etc. is too much?" Whew, now that I have written my thoughts, I see how manic I have become regarding this Christmas season.

I feel paralyzed...I haven't bought any Christmas cards, let alone sent them out yet...so with each one I receive in the mail, I feel guilty and more guilty that I haven't gotten with the program.

I can't think of ideal gifts for friends, which usually comes easily. Nor for my husband, which is usually difficult.

Most of the dilemma is based on not having much money to spend this year. My recent root canal right after Thanksgiving sucked up all of our available funds. Also, the weather has been warm and rainy instead of crisp and snowy. And then, of course, the flu bugs that have been ravaging our household.

I know, MAKE something....couldn't come up with anything that caught my interest or didn't seem ridiculous (or cost too much).

Waaa, waaa, waaa, I sound like an infant who can't reach her binky.

I still have a few days before it is too late to recover from the Holiday blues....I am almost positive I will pull this off before it is too late. It isn't like me to completely succumb to hopelessness when the chips are down....

Chin up, Kath, grab the credit card and just GO to the store and buy stuff we can't afford because it's Christmas dammit!

2 comments:

Kel-Bell said...

My son is on the couch with fever, and I just had a root canal too.

(Creepy music plays in the background)

LOL

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Pat pat pat.

Keep thinking of someone else each day who deserves something from us, and I'm not certain I'll remember everyone. That worries me, but I suppose it's a much better feeling than being alone with no one to worry about.

Eh?
(Back to the online shopping I go...)

Happy Holidays!!!